1. Incorporate Web2.0 tools at any level in your lesson planning.
2. Overlapping resources at different levels of learning is normal.
3. Integrate Web 2.0 tools according the relevance they have to your lesson or project.
4. Ensure the Web 2.0 tools support your intended student outcomes.
5. Reuse tools students like but don’t be afraid to try new ones.
6. Enhance differentiation by providing students a choice of topics and artifacts.
7. Rid yourself of fear many educators have of technology and have fun.
8. Avoid testing more than 1 or 2 tools at a time; you don’t want to overwhelm yourself or your students.
9. Be consistent.
10. Learn to troubleshoot your favorite sites one at a time.
Reprinted from my Chicago Urban Examiner, April 11, 20103