Every Teacher is a Reading Teacher Literacy Series
This is a solution:
- Build an army of reading teachers
- 5– Session Literacy Series (2 hrs each)
- Get tools to teach the 5 pillars of reading
- Utilize Web 2.0 Technologies to enhance reading.
- 1 CPDU per contact hour
- Illinois State Board of Education CPDU Provider
- # 080806205925568
- $275 per person (purchase your own necessary materials)
- 10 seat limit
To this problem:
1. Many adolescent youth still can’t read. In almost every
classroom there are 6-7 students who are not literate.
1 in 4 children in America grow up without learning how to read.
That's 3 out of every 12 and 6 out of every 24.
2. According to Common Core State Standards every K-12
teacher is a now a Reading instructor, even those who
teach Math. The purpose is to create an army of reading
specialists to attack the literacy problem that haunts our
students and prohibits them from being successful.
3. Most teachers don’t know how to teach reading. They
haven’t been given the tools.
Many times its
the system put too much on teachers, so some cases kids
fall through the cracks. Also, if these kids are middle or high school
students they may have missed many days in school during their younger
years and missed instruction of foundational skills. There are many
reasons. We are not blaming, merely stating facts. Each child's circumstances are different. We can help you fill
in those gaps.
Urban Edu Coach
(321) 20-Web 2.0